This is the pre-painted Pro Shop kit. I thought they would be a simple build kind of like a more advanced snap kit. They aren't. These are fully detailed kits that are just pre-painted. It builds into a really nice model. I added a little extra detail. This one has all of the chrome done in chrome foil, except the side spears.
I'm working a on a set of three of these Chryslers. The black and bronze one is a pre-painted black body that I stripped and repainted the roof.
This is the pre-painted Pro Shop kit. I thought they would be a simple build kind of like a more advanced snap kit. They aren't. These are fully detailed kits that are just pre-painted. It builds into a really nice model. I added a little extra detail. the silver "chrome" is pre-painted, but I will add chrome foil as soon as I get my next box of it in the mail.
In addition to the high explosive round, the 75 mm gun also had an effective canister round that functioned as a large shotgun and a white phosphorus (WP) shell originally intended for use as an artillery marker to help with targeting. M4 tank crews discovered that the WP shell could also be used against the Tiger and Panther. When the burning white phosphorus adhered to the German tanks, their excellent optics would be blinded and the acrid smoke would get sucked inside the vehicle, making it difficult or impossible for the crew to breathe. The fear of the fire spreading inside the tank, would sometimes cause the crew to abandon the tank. There were several recorded instances where white phosphorus shells defeated German tanks in this fashion.
I think the Turbine cars look good as a convertible. I finally got brave enough to make one. The Tonneau cover is a temporary one that I made while I wait for a junk interior to cut the rear headrest area up and make a nice cover.
This was a damaged Johan bronze promo. I rebuilt the windshield frame, added steel wheels, grill lights and painted it white. The decals are from an Ez build Johan kit. This represents the test mule Turbine that appeared as the race car in the movie The Lively Set.
The Gloster Javelin T.3 is a dual-control trainer version with no radar, bulged canopy for improved instructor visibility, all-moving tailplane, lengthened fuselage to compensate for altered center of gravity. It retained the 4 cannon armament. There were 22 production aircraft and one prototype built.
This is only my second Monte Carlo. The other is a 1970 model kit build up. I have decided I kind of like the body style and should get one or two while the prices are still reasonalble for this era of promo.
Yes, another Marlin. I have a soft spot for these so I pick them up if I get a good price. This one was built up as a mild street rod. The front was lowered a bit and the back was given a slight lift.
To raise or lower the suspension a little, all you have to do is drill out the hole in the axle plate and run the drill bit completely thru to the other side. That will allow you to make the lift without it showing.
I did add spark plug wires, heater hoses and a rubber upper radiator hose.
I got the new hood ornaments for all of my Marlins after the pictures were taken. Figures!!!!
The Grumman F7F Tigercat was the first twin-engined fighter aircraft to enter service with the United States Navy. Although delivered to United States Marine Corps (USMC) combat units before the end of World War II, the Tigercat did not see combat service in that war. Most F7Fs ended up in land-based service, as attack aircraft or night fighters; only the later F7F-4N was certified for carrier service. They saw service in the Korean War and were withdrawn from service in 1954.
This was built to represent an aircraft from VMF-312, El Toro CA in 1946. It is an instrument trainer.
This Monogram kit is a serious tail sitter. I put weight in the nose and both engine nacelles. It still wants to tail sit.
This model was built to represent the 97th Bomb Group B-17E, (lead aircraft piloted by Major Paul Tibbets and carrying Brigadier General Ira Eaker as an observer), on the first USAAF heavy bomber raid over Europe, against the railroad marshalling yards at Rouen-Sotteville in France on 17 August 1942.
This model was purchased built. I added a few of the touches I like.
This is my third Pagani, they are very different from each other and make an interesting collection! This one is also a die cast. I do a little detailing and I think they look great. Huayra is pronounced wire rah. They are available from diecastmodelswholesale.com or Amazon.
The 1965 Marlin was still badged as a Rambler. This was a 1966 promo with a crushed roof. I decided to make it into a cantilever roof custom that might have been a forunner of some of the features of the 1966 production car. It is not at all accurate for a production 1965.
After looking at the picture, I fixed the body/hood join.
I bought this 1966 Barracuda promo from an ebay auction. It was dirty and had Ford decals on it. I took it apart and soaked it in some dish washing detergent and water overnight. The decals fell off. I polished it with a microfiber cloth to get the shine back. This one is an interesting promo because the back seat folds down like in the real car. You don't see many promos with working features. I am proud to add this one to my promo collection.